back to normal view
What we Believe
- We believe in the unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of the persons therein, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Scriptures (The Bible) to be the inspired word of God and we aim to preach and teach it clearly and without compromise.
- We believe in the deity of Christ as expressed through the virgin birth, His sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection and ascension and His second coming.
- We believe in the necessity of repentance and regeneration through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that baptism by full immersion in water should take place in obedience to Scripture as soon as possible after a person becomes a Christian.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with signs following. We also have a desire for the gifts of the Holy Spirit to flow freely whenever we meet.
- We believe in remembering the Lord’s death together through the sharing of a simple meal of bread and wine. All believers are invited to take part in this act of remembrance.
- We believe in the justification and sanctification of the believer through the finished work of Christ.
- We believe in a theocratic form of church government. Elders (one of whom will be recognised and ordained as Pastor) are appointed under God to direct the affairs of the church and care for the people. Oakwood Church is also under the care and authority of a recognised apostle who himself operates under cover of the national leadership team of the Apostolic Church of Great Britain.
- We believe and preach the tithe (one tenth) as the minimum offering to God’s work at Oakwood, with giving to other work as the Holy Spirit prompts.